Good morning, all!
The holidays are upcoming, which makes it a good time to share “foodie” material.
Most of my time this weekend, will be spent in the kitchen, creating festive, vegan food n’ drink, and watching football ~ beautiful!
I’ll pass along the recipes, as I make progress.
(Long overdue for a beautiful margarita recipe. I know, I know- it’s coming!)
Anyhow, I hope you try out some of the cocktail and food creations ~ compassionate eating, rocks!
With peace, light, and love,
- 5 Cups Peeled and Chopped Organic Potatoes
- 5 0z Pkg "Uptons Bacon Seitan"
- 5. 5 cups Veg Broth (Little more or less based on desired consistency)
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Spelt Flour
- 1/3 Cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1.5 Cup Soy Milk
- Scallions, Chopped (for topping)
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Pepper Jack Cheese Shredded (for topping)
- Chop scallions (set aside)
- Prepare Vegan Sour Cream (below) if using, and refrigerate for an hour before serving
- Peel and chop five cups of potatoes (roughly 5 large potatoes)
- Chop Onion
- In a large stock pot, place chopped onion and olive oil and saute (medium heat), until onions are translucent
- Add flour to onions, and cook for a minute to form a base
- Add potatoes, liquid smoke, salt, and veg broth to pot, and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes until potatoes are soft
- Once potatoes are cooked, transfer 2.5 cups of them into a blender with the soy milk
- Blend until creamy and transfer back to the stock pot
- Add vegan mozzarella cheese, nutritional yeast, and a little more veg broth if you want a thinner soup (I prefer mine nice and thick)
- Cook on low while you prepare the seitan bacon topping
- In a frying pan with a little olive oil, crisp up your vegan bacon
- Pat dry with paper towel and crumble with hands
- Remove soup from heat. Ladel soup into a bowl, top with vegan pepper jack cheese, scallions, seitan bacon and vegan sour cream ~ enjoy!
- For a beautiful vegan sour cream, to top your soup- whisk together the following, and chill for an hour before using! Nom!
- 1 Cup Vegan Mayo
- Juice from One Organic Lemon
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional yeast